Thursday, February 19, 2009

Arf! Arf! Arf!! I'm sorry, I'm used to dogs :)











Okay, so I'm an amateur at parenting, everyone knows this. In my last post I said that I could see Harrison's bottom teeth coming in, but I guess I was mistaken because they haven't come in yet. I can see the tops of them, but they haven't actually broken through his gums yet, poor guy. He's chewing on everything!
This past weekend (Valentine's Day), Kenney, Harrison and I went up to Minnesota for Kenney's brother's wedding. It was a blast! It was really cold, but it was a lot of fun, and we got to dance a little before he knocked out :) The only part that sucked was being in the car for 13 hours, I was so ready to get there and Harrison was awake the entire time. He wasn't crying or anything, he was just playing, so thank God for that. The wedding was great, Harrison was all decked out in a button down shirt and cords and looked adorable as you can tell. He's getting so big, he looks like a little boy now, no longer a baby! It's amazing how fast time flies. I remember cradling him like a baby, and now he can't stand that. He just wants to go go go, and he's so close to crawling, I'm just counting down the days.
Here are some pictures of him in Minnesota, and a picture of him and his daddy on our first hiking trip a few weeks ago. That is the first of many because Kenney just ordered $200 worth of hiking/camping gear for Harrison, including some shades :)
Right now he has a little bit of a cold, I think. He sounds a little congested and has been coughing a lot. He usually "play coughs" all the time, but it sounds like something is behind it now. So, I was freaking out there for a bit, but the doctor at work told me everything I needed to do. So, I've been sucking down the oj, hoping that all the Vitamin C I'm drinking will get to him since I'm still nursing. He's not acting any differently though! He's still the same happy little boy. He's doing good on baby food, I try not to give him too much because it seems to constipate him, but now he's getting a little fussy more often, so I'm going to have to bump it up. Woo hoo! More yummy smelling poop to look forward to! Ahhh the joys of parenthood :)

No comments: