Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Helmet Head :)









We got Harrison's helmet yesterday, and he's adjusting just great! It looks like a football helmet, so I'm in the process of decorating it like a Colts helmet, plus adding in some paw prints (of course!), so I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done :) But he's doing just great in it. He wore it for 3 hours yesterday, and 6 hours today, and I have to increase each day by 3 hours until he's up to 23 hours a day. During the hour "off" he gets his bath, and I have to wash it because those helmets can get pretty stinky. The worse part about the whole thing is that it's really really hard to get off and on, and since Kenney works nights, I'm on my own for it. I had to go back to the orthotics doctor today just to make sure that I'm taking it off and putting it on correctly because to take it off, it feels like your ripping his head off! But he's so laid back, he doesn't seem to mind and the doctor said that I'm doing everything right. It's just that for this to work, the helmet as to put pressure on the sides of his head in order to "pop out" the back of his head. Let's hope this works!
Harrison is doing great though, he's so close to crawling, it's crazy. He does a really big push up, and gets his legs under him, but then he doesn't know what to do next. I've tried tempting him with his puffs (did I mention he eats puffs now?), and he was really trying, but no dice. Maybe I should try the iphone, he loves that thing! We've been hiking with him a few times and he seems to like the backpack that Kenney got him, but he likes it better when he's facing you, not behind you, so we are trying to get him used to it.
As for me? I'm doing good! I'm trying to stay stress free about work, and life in general. Anyone that knows me, knows that I worry constantly, so I'm trying to stop that. Work is going good, still not sure what I'm going to do after Harrison starts crawling, Kenney said that he could watch him in the morning, and then I could work, but I just don't think that's fair to Kenney because he will hardly get any sleep, plus I really don't want to miss anything with Harrison, he's growing so fast!
That's about it though, we are all doing great and I hope that you all are too! Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

CHAD AND LINDSAY said...

He's adorable ... I can't wait to see pictures of his helmet! Keep staying positive! Things have a way of working themselves out. Plus ... you are so lucky to be able to spend so much time with Harrison! There are a lot of moms (myself will be included soon) that can't be with their kids because of their work schedule so I'm very envious of you. Just keep enjoying every moment and stay positive!!!