Monday, January 19, 2009

Always amazed

It's the day before the Inauguration and I'm super thrilled. My parents are having a little get together, and Kenney and I took the day off to go over and watch the whole thing on their huge tv. What an exciting time to be alive! I'm so happy that an African American is going to be president while I'm alive. This past weekend, I was over at my parents house watching the "Obama Express", it was really cool. He took the same route as Abraham Lincoln, and stopped at the same stops, used a train like he did, AND he is going to use Lincoln's bible to be swarn in on. How cool is that?? I have to say, I am not into history whatsoever, but I'm really interested in being part of it. Plus, Harrison I'm sure is going to ask me what we did when he was swarn in, and I think that's pretty awesome. I look at all of these people at his speeches, and people are crying their eyes out, you can't help but feel moved.
So far, nothing is really different, Harrison is doing great, rolling around everywhere now, and giggling now. It's hilarious, he is so funny, it doesn't take much to get him to smile. I wake up in the morning, and go to wake him up and instantly he smiles. I love it, it's such a great way to start my day, and even if I'm feeling like crap, he always makes me feel better. He's just an awesome kid. I always wonder, what the heck did I do before he was born? It seems I'm always busy now, always something to do, and I feel that my time before he was born, though I enjoyed it, I didn't really do much. Yes we went on vacations and weekend trips, but even the week nights, I should have been out doing something. I'm so looking forward to this spring, to go take Harrison on walks at Eagle Creek, and on hikes, to the zoo, etc. I just can't wait!! Spring....get here already!!
I must say, that this past week I did have a dissappointment. I'm not going to name names or anything like that, but I am going to vent about it. A certain person, really disappointed me. I have done nothing bad at all to this person, ever. My motto is definitely the golden rule. If I were this person and treated not only me, but other people the way she does, I couldn't sleep at night. How can someone be so mean and inconsiderate to someone else? I just don't understand it, and I'm one of those people, I HATE when people are upset with me, I stress myself out over it, like what did I do wrong, but in this situation, I know I didn't do anything wrong. Kenney tells me to get over it, and I'm slowly getting to that point. I just know that this person must be so unhappy with her life that she has to be a bitch to everyone just to get through it. I feel pity when before I just felt hurt. It's hard to let go, I'll tell you that because I just want to know why this person was so mean, but it's not worth it to me anymore. Her loss, not mine. Whew...I feel alot better. Thank you oh void that is blogspot for relieving my stress. :)
Have a good one if anyone reads this! :)
Peace and much love.

No comments: