Monday, August 31, 2009

A lot of firsts!








Well, it's August 31 and it's a day I will always remember! Harrison had his first haircut today, he was so great for it too! I had the sippy cup and goldfish crackers ready just in case he got upset, but he was awesome! He didn't cry or fuss at all! I am so blessed that I have such a laid back kid. Here are some pictures of his big day. No more mullet, now he's clean cut and looks so cute!
He also said 2 words today! He always says Momma, but today he said Dog and Duck! He's been saying "og" for a little while, but today, he got the D on it. Then when he was taking a bath, he had his rubber ducky and I said "Duck", and he just looked at me and said "Duck!". I couldn't believe it! I had him say it like a million times after that. After his bath, he started calling everything duck. It was hilarious. He's just amazes me everyday.
He's not walking yet, but boy is he trying. He IS climbing though! He can get on our couch in no time, he just gets on the ottoman, then up he goes! Crazy! He is trying to walk though, he walks when I hold on to his fingers, goes a few steps then sits down. Must be tough :)
He's also learned how to cross his eyes. He does it all the time, and I mean ALL THE TIME. It drives me crazy. I don't want his eyes to stay like that! But he just thinks it's hilarious! He just looks at you, crosses his eyes, and laughs. It's not bad when we are at home, but when we are out somewhere, people just look at him, like "poor kid".
We are excited that we get to do so much more things with him now. I run with him almost everyday and he loves it, we went riding our bikes on the Monon and he loves his bike trailer. In a few weeks we are going to Chicago to check out some museums and the Aquarium. I'm excited because I LOVE Chicago, and it's Kenney and my's 3rd wedding anniversary, and 6 year anniversary since we met. I'll be sure to post some pictures when we get back.
Other than that, everything is going great! I'm running all the time, and losing more weight. I feel a lot better about everything. I told myself that I'm not going to worry so much about stuff I can't control and it seems to be working. I'm not as stressed and I can just focus on my family and that's an awesome feeling. I never thought I'd be such a family type of girl, but I'm more than happy sitting at home with Harrison and Kenney then going out and doing anything like I used to. I hope that all is well with everyone. Have a happy holiday!

No comments: