Saturday, June 6, 2009

He's on the move!











Well, Harrison is officially crawling! He's no longer army crawling anywhere, he's really crawling! And boy is he fast! If you turn your back for a minute, woosh! He's gone! It's definitely so different around here now, since our baby gate has been broken for a while, thanks to Marley, our foster beagle, we've been taking it down and letting Harrison crawl everywhere, which means, we are cleaning all the time. We have 4 dogs in our house, so you can just imagine how much dog hair and dirt is on our floors. So, we've come with a routine of sweeping and mopping everyday, plus wiping the dogs paws off as they come in from outside. My friends have always told me that whenever Harrison would start crawling, that I would get a lot of exercise because I'd be chasing after him everywhere, and they were right!
I must admit when he started crawling, I got scared, well, I'm still scared. It seems for every milestone I am always nervous about what to do next. Now that he's crawling, I'm thinking, man, now what? No more sitting him on the floor and going and folding laundry, no more playing on the laptop while he plays at my feet. It's just scary. I'm sure with our next child, these stages will be a lot easier, but I hate not knowing what I'm doing, and I feel like I'm in that "place" all the time.
Ooooo, I forgot to mention that he's getting up on his knees now too! I'm sure it's any day now and he'll be standing on his own, then soon walking...Yikes! I'll be chasing him everywhere! I can't wait to see what the dogs are going to do when he's running after then, he already freaks them out when he's crawling towards them! :)
Work is going okay, I know my last few posts have been bitchy about work, but it's been going pretty well now, not too much drama anymore. My boss has been taking a few days off lately, which is great because she NEVER takes days off, and this week she's had 2. I love that she trusts me to take over the place when she's gone, but I'm definitely not alone. We have some really great girls there. To top it all off, I've started Weight Watcher's this week and I've already lost 6 lbs, just since last Sunday! Go me :) Only 20 lbs more to go and I'll be a happy camper :) I'll keep everyone updated.

No comments: